I wrote this article since there are little information about how to use Notes C API on C++/CLI with CLR.
Below is the settings to configure the DLL project with using Notes C API on C++/CLI. I am using Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition.
- After creating New Project, Go to [Project] – [Properties]
- Go to [Configuration Properties] – [General] from left Navigation.
Configure Dynamic Library(.dll) and Common Language Runtime Support (/clr)
- Go to [C/C++] – [General]
Add Notes C API include folder into [Additional Include Directories]
- Go to [C/C++] – [Peprocessor]
Add W32;WIN32 into [Preprocessor Definitions]
- Go to [C/C++] – [Code Generation]
Configure Multi-threaded DLL (/MD) into [Runtime Library]
- Go to [Linker] – [General]
Add C Notes API Library into [Additional Include Directories]
- Go to [Linker] – [Input]
Add notes.lib into [Additional Dependencies]
Point the relative path if you need (i.e) notesapilibmswin32notes.lib
Enjoy C++/CLI programming with Notes C API!
Have you ever configured MSVC++ express 2010 to work? I’m new to C/C++.
Unfortunately I haven’t configured MSVC++ express 2010 yet. I’ve configured MSVC++ 2005 Express, 2008Professional, and remember it was pretty similar with 2005.